Citizen of the Year
A candidate for Citizen of the Year should be a person/couple who has a heart to serve others. This typically is not someone who is constantly in the public eye but someone who "flies below the radar screen" and is not seeking public recognition. To be eligible, your nominees must:
- Currently be a citizen of Northern Kentucky
- Have the respect and admiration of their friends, neighbors, and peers
- Play an active and useful role in the community
- Exemplify the "Service above Self" standard in his or her professional and community involvement
- If the citizen has been previously nominated and was not the award winner, they are still eligible to receive the award
- Nomination Deadline: TBA
- Award Luncheon: TBA
AWARD OF $1,000 IS GIVEN TO THE SELECTED WINNER TO ASSIGN TO A CHARITY OF THEIR CHOICE
Citizen of the Year Nomination
Teacher of the Year
A candidate for Rotary Teacher of the Year should be an exceptionally dedicated, knowledgeable, and skilled teacher in any Boone County school, pre-kindergarten through grade twelve, who is planning to continue in an active teaching status. (Supervisory and administrative responsibilities should be of secondary consideration).
To be eligible, your nominee must:
- Be currently employed as a teacher in a public or private school in Boone County
- Inspire students to learn
- Have the respect and admiration of students, parents, and colleagues
- Play an active and useful role in the community, as well as, in the school
- Be poised, articulate, and possesses the energy to withstand a taxing schedule
- Exemplify the “Service above Self” standard in his or her professional and community environment
- If the teacher has been previously nominated and was not the award winner they are still eligible to receive the award
The Florence Rotary Club is giving one $1,000 scholarship to a graduating senior from each of the seven Boone County High Schools. After reviewing all of the applications, the Florence Rotary
Scholarship Selection Committee will choose a maximum of 8 candidates from each school. Those students will then be invited to participate in a short interview at their high school, with members of the Florence Rotary Club during the week of April 2 through April 6.
One recipient per school will be selected and awarded a $1000 scholarship. If selected as a scholarship recipient, I will submit my college or university business office address, in writing, for the funds to be forwarded directly to the college or university of my choice.
Also, if selected, I will attend a Florence Rotary Club luncheon and meeting on Monday, April 30, 2018 to accept my award and speak about my academic and community achievements as well as my plans for the future.
- Graduating senior of any Boone County high school continuing education at a college or university
- High academic achievement, 3.0+ G. P. A.
- Record of community service
- Leadership experience
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Florence Rotary Club Outstanding Student Scholarship application form
- High school transcript
- List of scholarships and/or financial aid for which applications have been completed or are expected to receive
- A description of community service activities/events, leadership qualities and experiences